Sunday, April 24, 2011

good old times.

Recently on basically my only trip back down home i went over my friends house and had dinner. when dinner was over their mom pulled out all these frozen desserts, boxed cookies. i was like man you guys don't make any desserts. a moment of pause came and then they all busted out laughing. the mother told me "no way that takes to much time and no one would help me any way. making desserts are in the past buying them is way easier". Growing up as a child i remember always helping my mom make homemade desserts weather it be cookies, cakes, cupcakes, or every now and then some pound cake or banana nut bread. We would always be in the kitchen cooking up something. Now a days you see parents at the grocery story buying unhealthy frozen desserts and just opening it up and feeding it to their kids after or even sometimes before dinner. i guess what I'm trying to say is were is the fun in that. What happened to the good old times, that at least i know i had with my parents, the good old quality time making and then eating what you worked so hard to make.to me the taste is way different to i think there s nothing better when you take fresh chocolate cookies out the oven and dip them in milk. its way better than taking it out of the plastic container all hard and crunchy.
I don't know how to interpret this new era. Not only does baking with your parents benefit you as a person learning new skills. But it also benefits your family and builds up good bonding time with your parents. So if your a kid reading this ask your mom every now and then if you can help her make some deleicious dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment